Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tamiya Sand Scorcher Desert Racer MK1

In this TamiyaClub.com topic http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45205 , I have started to construct a new model based on a Sand Scorcher but with Aluminium wings (fenders) and other custom things. I had been adding new information and pictures there but alas due to new rules introduced on TC you can't reply to your own topic to add new information and new pic's. So I am starting my own blog here to help others who would like to have a go at doing the same thing.

EDIT: well I'll be darned, after I complained the moderators saw the light and changed the rules and now I can add more to my posts on TC! 

This Radio Controlled Vehicle is based on the famous Sand Scorcher model in 1:10 scale from the Japanese brand Tamiya with electric motor power and working suspension http://tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=16. I am using a Tamiya Blitzer Beetle bodyshell as at the time I started it they were plentiful in supply and it saved hacking up a lovely old model.


 Next to come will be pic's and text showing where I am up to so far and what I plan to do.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

No comments:

Post a Comment